Munjek F Win 16th St. Nicholas Regatta
On Sunday 4th December 2017, the first boats crossed the finish line in Komiža for the Saint Nicholas Regatta; Bruno Gjidera and Darko Prižmić onboard sailboat Munjek F (M 34) were declared the winners of the regatta.
The first crew to cross the finish line in Komiža after a 160-mile long route from Split via Šolta, Lastovo and Palagruža were Toni Bulaja and Krešimir Đakulović on sailboat Ola; however, after calculating corrected times, Munjek F was declared the winner. Second place goes to Bartul Ljubanović and Luka Pezelj on sailboat Adio Pameti, and Ola is third. All of the eight boats have successfully finished only Croatian regatta for single handed and double handed crews, including experienced Slovenian skipper Miha Dolinar who was the only one sailing solo this year.
The regatta started from Split with a very light wind from the North; later, the wind gained some strength and turned to Tramontana. In these conditions, the first boat in elapsed time (Ola) crossed the finish line after 29 hours and 10-minutes of continuous sailing. A beautiful spectacle and surely a sign of good fortune, the crew of Ola were accompanied by a flock of dolphins.
The prize-giving ceremony will be held tonight at 20:30 in Komiža, and on Saint Nicholas’ Day all crews will take part in the procession honouring their patron saint, which will end in a ceremonial event of a wooden ship getting set ablaze in front of the St. Nicholas church.
- Munjek F (B. Gjidera, D. Prižmić) elapsed time 30:55:51 / corrected time 28:41:26
- Adio Pameti (B. Ljubanović, L. Pezelj) 31:16:38 / 28:52:09
- Ola (T. Bulaja, K. Đakulović) 29:10:26 / 29:10:26
- Abracadabra (A. Rnjak, N. Barić) 34:48:11 / 30:56:03
- Fangac (L. Jurčec, M. Perharić) 34:51:53 / 31:23:42
- Srna V (C. Vrančić, H. Opačak) 34:12:26 / 31:29:08
- Muca Maca (M. Dolinar) 33:08:31 / 31:34:03
- Svibor (T. Gomerčić, M. Mužević) 35:17:36 / 32:34:39
Photos from Official Facebook, JK Mornar.